Friday, February 3, 2012

Thrifting!

I LOVE to go thrift store shopping! Anybody with me?  There is just something fun and challenging about finding that perfect ugly item that has the potential to be beautiful! So many of the things that I love in my house started out as ugly thrift store items:). Well this past weekend, I hit the thrift stores. I did have a specific piece in mind when I went shopping.  I was looking for a terrarium of sorts for a small fake plant I that got from the 99 cent store a few months back.  I know, I know, I have quite expensive taste with my 99 cent store and thrift store crazes. I did find something I thought would work for my plant (turned out to be too small), but I also came home with a few other treasures. Take a look:






What do you guys think? For all my fellow San Antonio Christian School friends out there, were you thinking "go Lions!" with that large painting? Ha! Lots of gold going on, right?! Lots of ugly going on too! But it's nothing a can of spray paint can't fix! I will be sharing what I did to each item once they are completed.

1 comment:

  1. This blog...news to me! How fun...I will be one of your biggest followers little sis. I had NO idea what your house looked like before you guys got your hands on it. I was looking at the pics thinking...what is this? I can't believe just how different it looked. I had never seen those pics. Keep it up...I will enjoy checking in on what you are doing. :)

    ReplyDelete