Friday, February 17, 2012

Master Bathroom

Wow, could it be that I am posting two days in a row!?!  You are impressed, aren't you.  Don't get too used to it though:).  I wanted to take a little break from the downstairs and show you an upstairs room.  I have to switch things up just to make it more interesting (at least for me).  This evening I am going to show you before and after pictures of our master bathroom.  Let me just tell you, when we moved in, there was nothing special about this bathroom at all.  It probably looked exactly like all the other bathrooms in the other houses in our neighborhood.  It even had carpet throughout the ENTIRE room. GROSS.  How can that possibly be sanitary?  GROSS. Sorry, I said that already.  Anyway, I loved that our bathroom was nice and spacious, but I wanted to take the "standard" look and replace it with a "custom" look...cheap custom that doesn't look cheap...you know? I must say "you know" a lot because after almost everything Carter tells me, he says "you know, Mommy?" Okay, off topic, sorry.  Here is what the bathroom used to look like:



Yep, feel free to comment on the cute pregnant girl in the reflection of the mirror!  Ha! Actually, the first pic is my mom and she is cute!  As for me, not my finest moment:). I have since learned to angle myself out of the pictures with mirrors (course, in my defense, I was taking these pictures just to show Caleb the house before we bought it, not necessarily to publish on a blog post!).  Alright, and here are just a couple pictures of what it looks like now:



Sorry, I thought I had more than two pictures...all the other ones were basically the same as these so I will have to post more when I post my master bathroom "details" later.  I had to strongly resist the urge to use the term "deets" instead of "details".  I have decided to act my age:).  Actually, I just don't want to embarrass my husband!  Clearly, it is getting too late so I will say goodnight.  Hope you enjoyed our bathroom.  Stay tuned for pictures of...hmmm...what room shall I do next???

5 comments:

  1. How in the world did you do all this yourselves!?!?!? I'm SO impressed. This really makes such a difference. Gorgeous! Love the sinks and lights and mirrors and all of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz!!! My husband is very handy! He just has a knack for these kinds of things. My dad is also the same way so, between the two of them, they can conquer almost any project! Lucky me:).

      Delete
  2. how did you change the sinks????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karissa- We removed the old sink tops to begin (the sink and countertop are all one piece). We used some old wood from my dad's barn as our new countertops (stained and polyurethaned) and then installed rectangular vessel sinks on top of the wood.

      Delete
    2. Wow, that is so neat Abbie. I am about to buy a house and want to change it and make it look as awesome as possible. I love your blogs and can't wait to see everything you do to your house! You inspire me!

      Delete