Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Decorating Obession

Welcome back!  Since my first post was so short (and sweet, of course), I thought I would tell you guys a little bit more about why I decided to start blogging and what this is all about.  In short, I love decorating!  I am sometimes obsessed with decorating.  I am constantly changing things up at my house and starting (often times, not finishing) new projects and, all the while, probably driving my husband crazy:).  He is actually very patient with the whole thing and probably does more on my silly projects than I do (because he loves me).  What an amazing man I have!  Anyway, I just wanted to start sharing this passion with others and hopefully give ideas and inspiration to anyone who reads this.

My love for decorating started when my husband and I bought our first house.  It was a foreclosure and it was ugly!!!  But we saw so much potential.  I am sure some people thought we were crazy for buying that house. You should have seen the paint colors in this house! They even painted the garage lime green.  Together, and with the help of friends and family, we transformed that house! (I will have to show before and after pics of that house too).  

Then, when found out we were pregnant with Carter, we sold that house and bought our current house for more space. The people that lived here before us had a completely different style than ours.  The house was nice but it wasn't "us"...so we transformed this one too.  It looks NOTHING like it did when we moved in!  We are talking new floors, new paint, new lighting, etc. and the hardest part of all...accessorizing.  All of this on a tight budget, mind you.  You will eventually get to see where we started and where we have come but I will keep you waiting for that.  I will soon be posting some kitchen pictures!  Get excited:).      

No comments:

Post a Comment