Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Before and After : Half Bath

Happy Tuesday! I am back to continue my (slower-than-molasses) house tour, with before and after pictures of our half bath downstairs and the hallway leading to the bathroom. Like the other pictures I have shown you, the before pictures were taken before we moved in when my realtor was showing us the house for the first time.

Hallway before:



Hallway after:





Much warmer and more inviting, don't you think? I always love a good gallery wall! I got these frames for free from my wonderful in-laws when they were in the process of moving (and purging). I spray painted them all one color (rust-oleum's eden) then added the vases (syrup jars), photos, wreath and, of course, the letter H (I have previously mentioned that I have a slight obsession with using our initial throughout the house:)).
Let's continue, shall we?

Bathroom before:





Bathroom after:


















Doesn't it feel more open without the vanity? Because we lost storage by taking the vanity out, we added the over-the-toilet cabinet to keep cleaning supplies and toilet paper. We kept the existing light (although I still would like to replace it someday) but we (and by "we" I mean Caleb) spray painted it black to better match the oil rubbed bronze faucet and towel holder. Oh spray paint...it covers a multitude of sins! Hope you like the new hallway and bathroom!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Nice work! What color is the bathroom? I'm thinking of going gray in my half bath too, but there are sooo many choices and shades that I don't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie,

      The color is sherwin williams "austere gray" and it is probably my favorite color in the house!!!! I can't wait to see how the new house turns out!

      Delete
  2. I am so behind on reading blogs! This is SO cute. Love your hall and bathroom. My sister always asks if she can use the letter H for things... necklaces, big letters for the house, etc. The problem is... her initials are KAL. Not even close. :)

    ReplyDelete