Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pinterest Success!

Hello again blog world! Miss me? My absence is expected by now:). I am not very consistent (well, I am consistently sporadic:)). Today I want to share a pinterest project that I recently completed. It is easy to go crazy "pinning" things I like on pinterest, but it is much harder to actually produce the items that I have gone crazy pinning. This project however, was cheap and easy once I decided to make a little bit of time for it!


I have four baskets in my entryway that house various items like shoes, Sydnie's collar and leashes (dont worry, sydnie is my dog, not one of my kids!), etc...and I wanted labels for each basket. I had previously made some chalkboard labels out of foam board (I was majorly improvising with this one) and had tied them onto the baskets like gift tags using some twine. These, although I kept them like that for a year, did not work well at all. They would always flip over to the back which I had lazily left white. Plus, they were just not sturdy. Here are the old labels:




One day when perusing pinterest I saw this pin:

Less than perfect life of bliss blog.


Genius! Not long after, I bought some wall plates (98 cents each), used some chalkboard spray paint that I already had from other projects, and presto- new basket labels (or should I say, new and improved basket labels)! Here are my baskets now:




So much better! Here is a close up of my baskets without labels:




And now with:




The only challenge to this project was getting the twine through the weave of the basket. Here is how I solved that problem...




(A large needle that I found in my sewing box.)












Once both ends of the twine were threaded through, I simply tied a knot to secure it in place.




So, that was easy enough! One pinterest project down, 30 to go;). What do think? Do you like the old labels or new? Done any pinterest projects lately? Check back in soon because I will be showing you guys our new outdoor table we built ourselves for under 15$!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment